Ma Chung Research Center for Photosynthetic Pigments (MRCPP) is a multidisciplinary research center in Indonesia that focus research on the field of pigments as active materials, whether in a form of free pigments as well as a pigment-protein complex. MRCPP conduct basic research in the exploration, discovery and determination of pigments, including metabolomics, structural, photobiology, and photochemistry studies. MRCPP is also interested to do chemical modification of pigments and to couple the pigments with metal nanoparticles, semiconductor nanocrystals, smart nanocomposites, or catalysts in order to have control in tuning the light absorption and to enhance the productive photochemistry. MRCPP uses the knowledge of this basic research to develop the pigments for use as functional food colorants, in health supplements and as light harvesting materials for solar energy. MRCPP also conduct applied research in developing and constructing photometric plant chlorophyll detection devices. Currently, MRCPP also works using multispectral satellite and UAV remote sensing and develops vegetation database for sustainable ecological agriculture and mangrove forestry. We are proud that Ma Chung Research Center for photosynthetic Pigments (MRCPP) was officially registered and acknowledged as a National Center of Excellence (Minister Decree No. 48/M/Kp/XII/2014) by the Minister of Research, Technology,and Higher Education, Prof. Dr H. Muhammad Nasir, M.Si, Akt, Ph.D
- Tatas H.P. Brotosudarmo, Dipl.Chem., Ph.D
- Leenawaty Limantara, M.Sc., Ph.D
- Dr. Eng. Leny Yuliati, S.Si., M.Eng.
- Dr. Eng. Hendrik Oktendy Lintang, S.Si., M.Eng.
- Prof. Dr. Yuzo Shioi (Emiritus)
- UFLC XR Prominence coupled with LCMS-8030 triple quadrupole mass spectrometer (Shimadzu)
- Gas Chromatography GC-2010 Plus with mass spectrometer GCMS QP-2010 (Shimadzu)
- Analytical UFLC (Shimadzu) with a dioda array detector (SPD M20A, 190-800 nm)
- Preparative HPLC (Shimadzu) with a dioda array detector (SPD 20AV, 190-900 nm)
- Spectrophotometer Fluorescence USB4000FL (200-1100 nm, Ocean Optics)
- Homebuilt laser confocal microscope
- FT-IR Spectrophotometer 6800 Full Vacuum with KBr and ATR (Jasco)
- FP-8500ST Spectrofluorometer (Jasco)
- Gas Chromatography GC-2010 Plus FID and TCD Detector (Shimadzu)